Monday, February 13, 2012

Publishing and Promoting

I knew from the start this wasn't going to be easy. I knew I would be doing all the grunt work when it came to getting my first book out there in the world.

So far, it is a pain in my ass! I am tired and my back hurts. I have no money to spend on promoting myself so I am trying to do every FREE thing I can think of. At times I feel like a book whore slinging my wares about town.

Book reviews are almost impossible for indie authors. Most review blogs won't even take a look at your work if it wasn't graced with a the seal of approval from some publishing shark. I actually like being independent. I don't have to answer to anyone. I can keep and toss only what I want to. I create my own timeline, cover, and character plots. It's great!

Now if I can only magically show readers the path to my novels I will be set. When that will ever happen, I don't know. But for now, I'll just keep on keepin on!

End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment